- Related Products
The APS-FC-2 is AIM’s high performance PCIe module offering 2 ports with full function test, simulation, monitoring and analyzer functions for Fibre Channel networks. The APS-FC-2 is a powerful State-of-the-Art 4-lane PCIe 2.0 compliant PCIe board.
- Provides 2 Fibre Channel ports implementing either an optical or electrical full duplex interface implemented via SFPs (Small Form Pluggable)
- The ports can operate concurrently in Traffic Simulator or Receiver/Monitor modes with support for port related Frame Statistics
- TAP mode: for inline traffic monitoring between 2 Fibre Channel ports without interacting to the attached ports
- 4GB DDR3 RAM is provided for each port to implement large receive buffers and complex transmit scenarios onboard
- 2 high performance DCM (Digital Core Modules) implementing customized Fibre Channel interfaces enables the board to analyze incoming and modify outgoing data in real time
Common Core Hardware Design
The APS-FC-2 module uses AIM’s DCM (Digital Core Module) design with one dual processor SoC device and memory per DCM resp. per Fibre Channel port, giving you the best performance for Fibre Channel Layer 2 Test and Simulation applications.
Onboard Processing – IRIG-B Time Synchronization
The use of the DCM based core designs with one dual processor SoC device and massive and scalable DDR3 memory per port as well as an IRIG-B time encoder/decoder functions are standard. The onboard IRIG-B time Encoder/Decoder allows synchronization of multiple FC ports by using multiple APS-FC-2 modules. The modules can be easily synchronized using an external IRIG-B time source or the onboard time decoder of 1 APS-FC-2 module as the reference for accurate correlation of data across multiple ports.
Board Software Package – Optional Analyzer Software / DataLoading Software
Full function driver software is delivered with the APS-FC-2 card in comprehensive Board Software Packages (BSP’s) containing the onboard driver software, a full Application Programming Interface (API) and detailed getting started and programming guides.
The optional PBA.pro™ Databus Test and Analysis Tool (for Windows and Linux) can also be purchased for use with the APS-FC-2 module.
Available Fibre Channel Interfaces
|Fibre Channel PCIe||Fibre Channel CPCIe||Fibre Channel PXIe|
2 Port 4GFC Fibre Channel Test, Simulator and Monitor module for PCIe (functional replacement for APE-FC-2)
- Supported Topology: Point-to-Point
- Chronological Receive Mode or TAP Monitoring
- Traffic Simulation based on FC-2 Frame Lists
- For ULP Support please contact Factory
- IRIG-B Time Encoder/Decoder
- Physical Interfacing via Small Form Pluggable (SFP)
- Driver Software for Windows and Linux
- Optional Databus/Network Test & Analysis Software
- Data Sheet
- Release Notes
- User Manuals
Find your nearest AIM Office/Representative or Contact/Quote/Support Forms
If you are already registered please log in. Alternatively, please create your account!Forgot password?