The AME1553-1-E is AIM’s new PCI Express Mini Card module targeted for embedded MIL-STD-1553B applications in an ultra-compact form factor.
- Designed to meet vibration requirements as specified in ANSI/VITA 47 for class V3 and shock requirements specified in ANSI/VITA 47 for class OS2
- Extended Temperature Range
- Well prepared for embedded applications requiring fast and autonomous boot up to operational mode
- Concurrently acts as Bus Controller, Multiple Remote Terminals (31) and Chronological/Mailbox Bus Monitor
- Capability to handle 2 discrete inputs and 2 discrete output signals to be monitored or generated
Common Core Hardware Design
The AME1553-1 modules use AIM’s ‘Common Core’ hardware design utilizing FPGA technology combined with RISC processors
(Bus Interface Units) to support MIL-STD-1553 bus protocol handling for precise scheduling of simulated messages acting as a Bus Controller and/or as multiple Remote Terminals as well as timestamping of received messages with 1µs resolution for Bus Monitor operation.
Onboard Processing – IRIG-B Time Synchronization
The use of onboard processors for MIL-STD-1553 protocol handling and large memory enables autonomous operation with minimal interaction with the host PC for real time applications. An onboard IRIG-B time encoder/decoder is included with sinusoidal output and free-wheeling mode for time tag synchronization on system level.
Board Software Package
An Application Programming Interface (API) is provided along with operating system specific drivers for Windows, Linux and VxBus. Please contact your local sales representative for other operating systems.
MIL-STD-1553 Functionality on further Form Factors
|1553 PCI||1553 PCIe||1553 PMC|
|1553 XMC||1553 PXI||1553 PXIe|
|1553 CPCI||1553 CPCIe||1553 PCIe Mini Card|
|1553 USB||1553 VME||1553 Ethernet|
Rugged Embedded MIL-STD-1553 PCI Express Mini Card with 1 Dual Redundant channel plus 2 discrete Input, 2 discrete Output channels.
- Concurrent BC, MRT (31) and Chronological Monitor
- Full Error Detection Capability
- Complex Triggering, Data Capture/Filtering, 100% Bus Recording
- IRIG-B Time Decoder
- Full Function, Single Function & Simulator Only versions available
- Drivers for Linux, Windows and VxWorks
- Data Sheet
- Release Notes
- User Manuals
- VxWorks 7.x VxBus
Find your nearest AIM Office/Representative or Contact/Quote/Support Forms
If you are already registered please log in. Alternatively, please create your account!Forgot password?