ARINC818 Modules with a Difference
ARINC818 is a specification which has become an Industry standard for the transmission of uncompressed digital video.
This commercial standard uses Fibre Channel as a point-to-point communication link for low latency with the ARINC818 defining the packetized protocol for transmission of the digital video information. It is highly flexible and can be used for a variety of onboard display systems in both commercial and military applications.
AIM’s ARINC818 cards use our field proven Common Core hardware design giving the best performance, best feature set and highest functional integration on the market. The use of SoC (System on Chip) based core designs with one dual core RISC processor per port, massive DDR3 memory and IRIG-B time encoder/decoder functions are standard. The ARINC818 modules are available in PCIe formats.
The new ultra high performance intelligent 4-lane PCIe 2.0 interface modules offer 2 ports with full function test, simulation, monitoring and analyzer functions for ARINC818 interfaces. The dual core processor provides onboard processing and data transfer capabilities for the most demanding applications including ARINC818 support done on board level.
Large and high data throughput DDR3 RAM is accessible for the onboard processor as is a high performance FPGA implementing the customized ARINC818 Interfaces enabling the board to analyze incoming data in real time. Each module provides 2 ARINC818 compliant ports. SFP cages make it suitable for different media types as optical or electrical network technologies.
Each module is delivered with a Board Support Package (BSP) containing the onboard driver software, a full Application Programming Interface (API) and detailed getting started and programming guides. Powerful PBA.pro databus test and analysis software is optionally available for all our ARINC818 cards.
Available ARINC818 Interfaces
Common Features of ARINC818 Cards
- Simulation and Monitoring of FC-2 / ARINC818 compliant network traffic for data rates up to 4GFC
- Onboard IRIG-B Time Encoder and Decoder with 10ns resolution for Time stamping
- 4 Trigger Inputs and 4 Trigger Outputs
- Network TAP functionality for analyzing ARINC818 traffic in Real-Time and inline between 2 attached FC Ports
Fibre Channel Modules
- 1 or 2 Port Fibre Channel Interface with up to 4GFC (fully software configurable)
- PCIe2.0 (4x) host interface
- 1 Dual-Core processor per Port
- 4 GByte DDR3 RAM per Port
- SFP Frontend (optical or electrical)
Databus Test and Analysis Software
Looking for ARINC818 Analyzer? The PBA.pro-FC component handles single or multiple Fibre Channel resources providing access to all Capture and Send Ports with Network Databus Analyzer functions and ARINC818 Upper Layer Protocol support.
- FC2 and ULP traffic Simulation for ARINC818 Realtime Traffic Visualization and Capturing
- Decoding of captured Frames of FC1, FC2 and FC4 Layers
- Extended ULP Message Decoding (e.g. Decoding and Display of Video Images)
- Flexible Frame Generation with full Control over all FC Frame Bytes and Parameters (e.g. direct Setup of Video Image Transmission in ARINC818)
- Database Manager Component to support Engineering Unit Conversion
Application Programming Interface for C/C++ and LabView as well as Driver Software Support for Windows and LINUX included.