USB SmartCable for AFDX®/ARINC664P7 Test and Simulation with 2 full duplex Ports programmable for 10/100 Mbit/s
- Related Products
The ASC-FDX-2 (AIM SmartCable™) USB2.0 module offers full function test, simulation, monitoring and analyzer functions for AFDX®/ARINC664P7 (Avionics Full Duplex Switched Ethernet) and standard Ethernet networks. Airbus and Boeing specific implementations of ARINC664P7 are supported.
- 2 full duplex ports programmable for 10/100Mbit/s
- Ports can operate concurrently in AFDX®/ARINC664P7 traffic simulator or receiver/monitor modes with support for port related frame statistics
- Virtual Link (VL) based and Ethernet frame based modes in transmission and reception supported
- Support for AFDX®/ARINC664P7 redundancy in transmission and reception
- TAP mode: to analyze the network traffic between 2 attached network devices (inline)
- Time stamping of Ethernet frames with 100ns resolution, synchronized to external IRIG-B time code if applied
- Unique onboard processing capability, memory resources, customized AFDX® MACs and IRIG-B time code decoder/generator for comprehensive AFDX®/ARINC664P7 test and simulation applications incl. various error injection capabilities for generation ‘of out of spec’ scenarios
- Frame based modes for handling standard IEEE802.3 Ethernet MAC frames with precise timing and error injection in transmission and H/W time stamping and error detection in reception for Standard Ethernet based applications
Common Core Hardware Design
The ASC-FDX-2 modules use AIM’s ‘Common Core’ hardware design utilizing SoC technology to support AFDX®/ARINC664P7 specific modes for redundancy handling, traffic shaping via Virtual Links. IP and UDP protocol stacks implementation onboard. The AIM implemented Media Access Controller (MAC) supports full control over Ethernet frame data and timing in various modes of operation to support together with the onboard processing capabilities e.g. interoperability testing of AFDX®/ARINC664P7 End System and Switch devices across all layers.
Onboard Processing – IRIG-B Time Synchronization
The use of SoC based onboard processors for AFDX®/ARINC664P7 IP/UDP protocol handling and large memory enables autonomous operation with minimal interaction with the host PC for a wide range of test and simulation applications. Sampling and queuing port services are processed onboard to support AFDX®/ARINC664P7 communication and SAP ports for End System simulation and Dataloading applications. An onboard IRIG-B time encoder/decoder is included with sinusoidal output and free-wheeling mode for time tag synchronization on system level.
Board Software Package – Optional Analyzer Software/DataLoading Software
Full function driver software is delivered with the ASC-FDX-2 cards in comprehensive Board Software Packages (BSP’s) for different operating systems.
The optional PBA.pro™ Databus Test and Analysis Tool (for Windows and Linux) can also be purchased for use with ASC-FDX-2 modules.
For ARINC615A based Dataloading applications the EasyLoad-615A Application Software is compatible with ASC-FDX-2 modules.
AFDX®/ARINC664P7 Functionality of further Form Factors
|AFDX/ARINC664P7 PCIe||AFDX/ARINC664P7 PMC||AFDX/ARINC664P7 XMC|
|AFDX/ARINC664P7 PXIe||AFDX/ARINC664P7 USB|
USB SmartCable for AFDX®/ARINC664P7 Test and Simulation with 2 full duplex Ports programmable for 10/100 Mbit/s.
Versions available for both Airbus and Boeing Variants of ARINC664P7.
- Portable Test, Verification and Simulation of AFDX®/ARINC664P7 End Systems, Switches and Networks
- Support for Single or Redundant AFDX®/ARINC664P7 Operation
- Support for Boeing ARINC664 Extensions for EDE at the Hardware Interface Layer (Product Option)
- Receive Modes: Chronological Monitoring and Recording (100% Wire Speed) plus UDP Port/VL oriented Receive
- Transmission Modes: Generic Transmit Operation, Physical Replay and End System Simulation Mode
- TAP mode: to analyse the network traffic between 2 attached network devices (inline)
- Physical Error Injection/Detection
- Provisions for Network Latency Measurement and Analysis
- IRIG-B Time Encoder/Decoder
- Powered via a single USB2.0 (or higher) Port
- Network Connection via 2x RJ45 Connectors, USB via 1x USB Type A Connector
- Drivers for Linux and Windows (including LabView VIs)
- Optional Network Test and Analysis and ARINC615A Dataloader Software
- Replacement Product for APU-FDX-2
- coming soon
- Data Sheet
AFDX®/ARINC664P7 Resource ComponentSee details
Framework and Designer ComponentSee details
Standard Ethernet Resource ComponentSee details
Database Manager ComponentSee details
Test and Script Manager ComponentSee details
User Administration ComponentSee details
Easy to use Protocol/Network AnalyserSee details
Find your nearest AIM Office/Representative or Contact/Quote/Support Forms
If you are already registered please log in. Alternatively, please create your account!Forgot password?