- Related Products
The APXX1553-x is a member of AIM’s new family of PCI modules for analyzing, simulating, monitoring and testing
MIL-STD-1553A/B databuses providing 1, 2 or 4 dual redundant bus streams on a ‘Short Length PCIe’ standard module format.
- Concurrently acts as Bus Controller, Multiple Remote Terminals (31) and Chronological/Mailbox Bus Monitor
- Physical Replay capability- electrically reconstruct and replay previously recorded MIL-STD-1553A/B record files physically to the
MIL-STD-1553A/B bus with excellent timing accuracy
- Versions with reduced functionality (Single Function or Simulator Only) are available as well as extended temperature range variants
- Capability to handle 8 General Purpose Discrete I/O (GPIO) signals which can be monitored or controlled
Common Core Hardware Design
The APXX1553-x modules use AIM’s ‘Common Core’ hardware design utilizing FPGA technology combined with RISC processors
(Bus Interface Units) to support MIL-STD-1553 bus protocol handling for precise scheduling of simulated messages acting as a Bus Controller and/or as multiple Remote Terminals as well as timestamping of received messages with 1µs resolution for Bus Monitor operation.
Onboard Processing – IRIG-B Time Synchronization
The use of onboard processors for MIL-STD-1553 protocol handling and large memory enables autonomous operation with minimal interaction with the host PC for real time applications. An onboard IRIG-B time encoder/decoder is included with sinusoidal output and free-wheeling mode for time tag synchronization on system level.
Board Software Package – Optional Analyzer Software/Test Plan Software
Full function driver software is delivered with the APXX1553-x cards in comprehensive Board Software Packages (BSP’s) for different Operating Systems.
The optional PBA.pro™ Databus Test and Analysis Tool (for Windows and Linux) can also be purchased for use with APXX1553-x modules. Off the shelf test scripts are available to support the automatic execution of the AS4112 RT Production Test Plan (Protocol and Electrical Tests) and the AS4111 RT Validation Test Plan (Protocol Tests).
MIL-STD-1553 Functionality on further Form Factors
|1553 PCI||1553 PCIe||1553 PMC|
|1553 XMC||1553 PXI||1553 PXIe|
|1553 CPCI||1553 CPCIe||1553 PCIe Mini Card|
|1553 USB||1553 VME||1553 Ethernet|
MIL-STD-1553 Test and Simulation Module for PCI with 1, 2 or 4 Dual Redundant channels (APXX1553-1, APXX1553-2, APXX1553-4) plus 8 programmable discrete Input/Output channels.
- Concurrent BC, MRT (31) and Chronological Monitor
- Full Error Injection/Detection (AS4112)
- Complex Triggering, Data Capture/Filtering, 100% Bus Recording
- Physical Bus Replay
- IRIG-B Time Encoder/Decoder
- Full Function, Single Function & Simulator Only versions available
- Drivers for Linux and Windows
- Optional Databus Test and Analysis Software and RT Production Test Plan
- Data Sheet
- Release Notes
- User Manuals
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): From 9-pin D-Sub to two Twinax Connectors PL-75
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): From 9-pin D-Sub to four Twinax Connectors PL-75
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): From 15-pin HD-Sub to four Twinax Connectors PL-75
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): From 15-pin HD-Sub to four Twinax Connectors PL-75 and 9-pin D-Sub Connector for Trigger I/O and IRIG-B
The BOC-APE is a breakout cable for Discrete I/O and IRIG I/O signals of compatible AIM APE cards. The BOC-APE is connected via a dedicated (internal) board-to-board connector and routes the corresponding signals to a separate slot bracket.
MIL-STD-1553 Resource ComponentSee details
Framework and Designer ComponentSee details
Database Manager ComponentSee details
Test and Script Manager ComponentSee details
User Administration ComponentSee details
Easy to use Protocol/Network AnalyserSee details
RT Production Test Plan - Protocol TestsSee details
RT Validation Test Plan - Protocol TestsSee details
Find your nearest AIM Office/Representative or Contact/Quote/Support Forms
If you are already registered please log in. Alternatively, please create your account!Forgot password?