- Related Products
The APE429-x is a member of AIM’s new family of PCI Express modules for analyzing, simulating, monitoring and testing ARINC429 channels providing up to 32 channels on a ‘Short Length PCIe’ standard module format.
- All channels software programmable for various Receive (Rx) or Transmit (Tx) modes incl. a Loop Pollution mode (link between Rx and Tx channel)
- Depending on the board variant transmit channels provide variable or fixed output amplitudes
- APE429-4 and APE429-8 versions provide separate Transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx) pins on all channels and are pin compatible to previous generation
- Capability to handle 8 General Purpose Discrete I/O (GPIO) signals which can be monitored or controlled. For access of Discrete I/O’s an optional breakout cable can be supplied occupying a slot bracket position of the PC
Common Core Hardware Design
The APE429-x modules use AIM’s ‘Common Core’ hardware design utilizing FPGA technology combined with RISC processors (Bus Interface Units) to support ARINC429 bus protocol handling for precise scheduling of simulated messages in different transmit modes, timestamping of received messages with 1µs resolution as well as a loop mode (Rx-Tx link) with software configurable message data pollution performed in real time and with minimal latencies and respecting the Rx bus timing.
Onboard Processing – IRIG-B Time Synchronization
The use of onboard processors for ARINC429 protocol handling and large memory enables autonomous operation with minimal interaction with the host PC for real time applications. An onboard IRIG-B time encoder/decoder is included with sinusoidal output and free-wheeling mode for time tag synchronization on system level.
Board Software Package – Optional Analyzer Software
Full function driver software is delivered with the APE429-x cards in comprehensive Board Software Packages (BSP’s) for different Operating Systems. The optional PBA.pro™ Databus Test and Analysis Tool (for Windows and Linux) can also be purchased for use with APE429-x modules.
ARINC429 Functionality on further Form Factors
|ARINC 429 PCI||ARINC 429 PCIe||ARINC 429 PMC|
|ARINC 429 XMC||ARINC 429 PXI||ARINC 429 PXIe|
|ARINC 429 CPCI||ARINC 429 CPCIe||ARINC 429 Ethernet|
|ARINC 429 USB||ARINC 429 VME|
ARINC429 Test and Simulation modules with 4, 8, 16 or 32 Software programmable Tx/Rx channels plus up to 8 Discrete I/O’s.
The APE429-x is a functional replacement for the models API429-x/APX429-x.
- Full Performance on all ARINC429 channels concurrently and programmable for High/Low Speed Bit rates
- Full Error Injection/Detection
- Cyclic/Acyclic/FIFO Transmitter operation
- Loop/Pollution mode (Receive-Modify-ReTransmit)
- Label Selective Trigger for Capture and Filtering
- 100% Real Time Recording and Syncronised Replay of all ARINC429 channels concurrently
- IRIG-B Time Encoder/Decoder
- Drivers for Linux and Windows (including LabView VIs)
- Optional Databus Test and Analysis Software
- Data Sheet
- Release Notes
- User Manuals
- NI LabVIEW Real-Time
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): SCSI68 (latched type) to 2x D-Sub37 (female) for ARINC429 and 1x D-Sub15 (female) for IRIG-B and Trigger Out for AIM ARINC429 32-Channel cards.
The BOC-APE is a breakout cable for Discrete I/O and IRIG I/O signals of compatible AIM APE cards. The BOC-APE is connected via a dedicated (internal) board-to-board connector and routes the corresponding signals to a separate slot bracket.
ARINC429 Resource ComponentSee details
Framework and Designer ComponentSee details
Database Manager ComponentSee details
Test and Script Manager ComponentSee details
User Administration ComponentSee details
Easy to use Protocol/Network AnalyserSee details
Find your nearest AIM Office/Representative or Contact/Quote/Support Forms
If you are already registered please log in. Alternatively, please create your account!Forgot password?