- Related Products
The AMCX1553-x is a member of AIM’s next generation of PMC modules targeted to embedded MIL-STD-1553 applications. The AMCX1553-x offers full function test, simulation, monitoring and databus analyzer capabilities providing 1, 2 or 4 dual redundant bus streams.
- Concurrently acts as Bus Controller, Multiple Remote Terminals (31) and Chronological/Mailbox Bus Monitor
- Physical Replay capability- electrically reconstruct and replay previously recorded MIL-STD-1553A/B record files physically to the
MIL-STD-1553A/B bus with excellent timing accuracy
- Versions with reduced functionality (Single Function or Simulator Only) are available as well as extended temperature range variants
- Capability to handle 8 General Purpose Discrete I/O (GPIO) signals which can be monitored or controlled
- Designed to be installed on either a host carrier board to adapt to buses (like standard PCI/PCIe, VME/VPX, cPCI/cPCIe) or on an embedded host computer
Common Core Hardware Design
The AMCX1553-x modules use AIM’s ‘Common Core’ hardware design utilizing FPGA technology combined with RISC processors
(Bus Interface Units) to support MIL-STD-1553 bus protocol handling for precise scheduling of simulated messages acting as a Bus Controller and/or as multiple Remote Terminals as well as timestamping of received messages with 1µs resolution for Bus Monitor operation.
Onboard Processing – IRIG-B Time Synchronization
The use of onboard processors for MIL-STD-1553 protocol handling and large memory enables autonomous operation with minimal interaction with the host PC for real time applications. An onboard IRIG-B time encoder/decoder is included with sinusoidal output and free-wheeling mode for time tag synchronization on system level.
Board Software Package – Optional Analyzer Software/Test Plan Software
Full function driver software is delivered with the AMCX1553-x cards in comprehensive Board Software Packages (BSP’s) for different Operating Systems.
The optional PBA.pro™ Databus Test and Analysis Tool (for Windows and Linux) can also be purchased for use with AMCX1553-x modules. Off the shelf test scripts are available to support the automatic execution of the AS4112 RT Production Test Plan (Protocol and Electrical Tests) and the AS4111 RT Validation Test Plan (Protocol Tests).
MIL-STD-1553 Functionality on further Form Factors
|1553 PCI||1553 PCIe||1553 PMC|
|1553 XMC||1553 PXI||1553 PXIe|
|1553 CPCI||1553 CPCIe||1553 PCIe Mini Card|
|1553 USB||1553 VME||1553 Ethernet|
MIL-STD-1553 Test and Simulation modules for PMC with 1, 2 or 4 dual redundant channels plus 8 Discrete I/O’s (on Rear-I/O).
- Concurrent BC, MRT (31) and Chronological Monitor
- Full Error Injection/Detection (AS4112)
- Complex Triggering, Data Capture/Filtering, 100% Bus Recording and Physical Bus Replay
- IRIG-B Time Encoder/Decoder
- AMCX1553-1T/-2T versions available with programmable Bus Coupling, onboard Bus Network and variable Output Amplitude
- Full Function, Single Function and Simulator Only versions available
- Drivers for Linux and Windows
- Optional Databus Test and Analysis Software and RT Production Test Plan
- Data Sheet
- Release Notes
- User Manuals
- VxWorks Legacy
- NI LabVIEW Real-Time
- VxWorks 7.x VxBus
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): From 15-pin HD-Sub to two Twinax Connectors PL-75
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): From 15-pin HD-Sub to two Twinax Connectors PL-75 and 9-pin D-Sub Connector for Trigger I/O and IRIG-B
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): From 15-pin HD-Sub to four Twinax Connectors PL-75
Ready Made Adapter Cable (2.0 m): From 15-pin HD-Sub to four Twinax Connectors PL-75 and 9-pin D-Sub Connector for Trigger I/O and IRIG-B
PCI Carrier Card with 1 PMC SlotSee details
VME Carrier Card with 2 PMC SlotsSee details
cPCI (3U) Carrier Card with 1 PMC SlotSee details
PCIe Carrier Card with 1 PMC SlotSee details
MIL-STD-1553 Resource ComponentSee details
Framework and Designer ComponentSee details
Database Manager ComponentSee details
Test and Script Manager ComponentSee details
User Administration ComponentSee details
Find your nearest AIM Office/Representative or Contact/Quote/Support Forms
If you are already registered please log in. Alternatively, please create your account!Forgot password?